Let's start something togetherParents and guardians are not just part of the process, they’re part of the success.
Families as Partners
When it comes to the future of our children and the well-being of our communities, we’re all in this together. So it should come as no surprise that we need the parents and guardians of Littles to be involved every step of the way.
You will help us identify your child’s strengths, personality, and needs an give us insight as to what sort of Big Brother or Big Sister will make a strong match. After you've approved your child's mentor, you will remain highly engaged in many ways including
- Approving and helping to coordinate activities and outings for your child and his or her Big
- Asking your child questions about those outings, and sharing what you learn with the agency staff
- Reporting your child’s progress and milestones to the agency on a regular basis (Big Brothers Big Sisters will contact you, but we welcome your feedback any time)
- Sharing with the agency about the relational development between your child and his or her Big
- Participating in training on child safety offered by Big Brothers Big Sisters staff, and communicating with your child about the training he or she receives.